All of us know the feeling when your battery is done but you have to answer business emails or collaborate with the office. That time, you may think of charging your phone in the coffee shop, mall, conference center, plane or airport wherever you are. Don’t forget that hackers can pull data from your phone at the same time. So, be careful while charging your phone at any public port. By charging your mobile in public ports, you give hackers a chance to steal your personal information. Keep in mind that the code you use to charge your phone is also used to send information from your personal phone to other devices. Data security must be an important area of concern for everyone from an individual to a small-business owner.
Following are few tips to protect your phone:
– Avoid using public charging stations.
– If you have to use public charging stations, don’t rely on dual use cables. You can use simple USB adapter.
– You should set screen mirroring function to “Off” on our mobile device.
– Keep your anti-virus and anti-malware up-to-date on your phone.
– Check your access permissions on your phone for privacy.
Despite the risks, people still do it. If you’re concerned about security, then stop using the public ports. And if you’re desperate to reply emails, make tweets or upload selfie, then take the risk on your own.
Maintaining privacy for your personal data is important than anything. Contact us for unrivaled data security solutions.