What is Colocation?
Colocation involves a facility that houses data and customers can use these buildings to store their servers and computing hardware. Normally Nerds Support’s Miami colocation service provides companies with the actual building, the systems that will cool and prevent the servers from overheating, electricity/power, bandwidth or Internet access as well as physical security. In return the customers or businesses provide the servers and the software.
Benefits of Colocation for Miami Businesses:
- Cost effective. By using a colocation to house servers, a decrease in costs associated with IT management results. You no longer are responsible for the cooling and security needs of your servers, so as time goes on and maintaining power, a stable environment, and building expenses grow, your monetary output does not.
- Power capacity increased. Housing your servers privately would leave you susceptible to the increase and fluctuation of electrical costs which result in power capacity issues, especially when attempting to upgrade to newer IT applications. Colocation provides customers with a higher power bank, or a higher availability when it comes to power-per-square foot. This would allow clients to take part in high density computing without having to worry about being limited due to capacity problems.
- Network reliability. Having a stable connection is prudent to the development and success of any business, when storing your servers in a colocation network reliability is guaranteed. Most companies that provide this service have multiple different networking options that customers can choose from, which allow for flexibility and opportunities that would be more costly to establish in the private sector.
- Durable and affordable bandwidth. The more complicated the applications are that your company runs, the more bandwidth that you will need in order to conduct business. Using a colocation allows you to maintain freedom in respect to your service providers, further allowing you to receive your bandwidth at a volume price and helping you to avoid dealing with multiple contracts.
- Security and protection against data breaches. It is becoming more difficult to ensure that your data and information is safe. As time goes on data breaches increase, and the repercussions of allowing this to occur becomes more severe and more expensive. However, colocations are protected against forced entry, access that is unauthorized, and natural disasters. These places work to safeguard your information in a more efficient manner than would be guaranteed in the private sector of data storage.
- Disaster recovery. In addition to making sure your information stays safe from day to day, using an offsite location to house your servers will allow you to hold on to important data in the unfortunate event that your business is victim of a natural disaster. Sites of colocation will ensure that all of your servers and data remain viable, operational and fully functional.
Colocation is an innovation to the field of data storage. It provides customers with an economically feasible option that allows for flexibility, customizability, and expansion without having to worry about security, power capacity, or network reliability. In comparison to private data centers, it is easily apparent that colocation has the potential to benefit your business on a larger scale and broaden the way your company is able to compute.
Colocation services and Business IT Support from Nerds Support can help your business realize the benefits associated with colocation, and let you focus on what matters to you – running your business.