When it comes to disaster preparedness, how prepared are you? Over 80% of companies, large and small, report that they have experienced a financial loss due to a technological crisis. Here are 7 reasons why you having a backup and disaster recovery solution is absolutely necessary.
There are no Guarantees When it Comes to IT Hardware and Software
- Customers expectations are high! When systems go down it can be devastating to your reputation. Once your customers are made aware of internal IT issues, their trust will begin to decline and they may not hesitate to give their business elsewhere.
- IT hardware starts depreciating the minute you take it out of the box. Even when it’s top of the line, your IT infrastructure is never perfect. Don’t over estimate the quality of your hardware. False security can leave you in a bind when something goes wrong.
- Software is fickle and needs constant attention. Even when you stay on top of updates, software is constantly troublesome for business owners. Backup plans give peace of mind when it comes to software hiccups.
Disaster Recovery Protects Your Reputation
- When you throw human error in to the mix, it’s no surprise that the majority of companies will report that they have lost valuable data by being ill prepared. One small mistake could cost you dearly and fill you with regret.
- Even the best hardware and software available will not keep your documents safe in the event that there is a natural disaster. This is a prime example of why backup and disaster recovery is absolutely necessary. Natural disasters can’t be controlled, but the damage can be minimized.
- Viruses can plague an entire office at the drop of a dime. All it takes is one employee clicking a bad link and every computer on the network is effected. These are things that, try as you might, you can’t guarantee immunity against malicious computer infections.
- When staff is able to trust in their employer they are more likely to give 100%. On the other hand, when your office experiences continued IT problems morale can plummet. Employees appreciate the security they feel when they know that their employer is prepared for the worst case scenario.
Don’t trick yourself in to thinking that backup is optional. Disaster recovery solutions are the only way to protect your data, your reputation and your livelihood.